60 caplets . 129 mg saponins & 25 mg shatavarins
Easy-to-Swallow Caplets . additive free
In the traditional Indian system of healthcare, Ayurveda, Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) is history's main herb for female support. It supports healthy and normal blood flow through the reproductive system and it also supports normal hormone utilization and blood hormone levels.
- In Sanskrit, Shatavari means "she who possesses a hundred husbands," implying its ability to help support fertility and vitality.
Its principle constituents include saponins, alkaloids, proteins, and tannins. The plant contains triterpene saponins called Shatavarin I-IV,
which support the body's own natural production of estrogen.
- In addition to its famous reputation as a female tonic, researchers at the Interdisciplinary School of Health Sciences, University of Pune,
India also found Shatavari to be supportive of normal lymphocyte levels and normal immune system function. They also noted its long use in
traditional Ayurveda to support normal digestive function. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009 Jan 21;121(2):241-7.
- Shatavari has enjoyed a rich and varied history of use through the centuries. Shatavari tubers were once candied and eaten as a sweetmeat.
Nursing mothers ate Shatavari because it supported the normal production of breast milk. Some cultures drank fresh juice of the root mixed with
honey. Still others used it topically in medicinal oils for its soothing and cooling properties.
- Used in India as a best-known and most often-used herb for women*
- Supports normal function of the female reproductive system*
- Supports normal hormone utilization and normal blood hormone levels*
- Supports normal function of the immune and digestive system*
- Considered a soothing, cooling "tonic herb" in traditional healthcare*
Take 1 caplet daily before meals. Allow several weeks for full benefits and lasting results.
The following Himalaya formulas contain Shatavari:
GlucoCareŽ, HeartCareŽ, MenoCareŽ, MenstriCareŽ, StressCareŽ
*Himalaya Gluten Free products are batch tested and identified with a green Gluten Free sticker.