60 caplets . 73 mg glycyrrhizin
Easy-to-Swallow Caplets . additive free
In teas and candies all over the world, Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) has been enjoyed for generations. Ancient people would chew the root to freshen their breath. To others it's a spice for savory foods, or even a soft drink. It's also one of the world's most widely researched herbs, east and west, for support of normal digestive function.
- In one published study, researchers at the Department of Experimental Pharmacology, University of Naples, Italy named Licorice as
one digestive herb that "has been used extensively and [had its] clinical efficacy documented." They also suggested Licorice as a dietary
adjunct to existing therapies. Phytother Res. 2000 Dec;14(8):581-91
- Scientists at the Laboratory of Natural Medicinal Materials, Tokyo, Japan point out that Licorice has been used since ancient Greek,
Roman and Egyptian times, and in traditional Chinese medicine, as one of their most frequently used plants. In Japan, the oldest specimen of
Licorice introduced from China in the 8th Century still exists in the Imperial Storehouse in Shosoin. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2000 Oct;120(10):849-62
- The principle constituent of Licorice (and the component that gives Licorice its characteristically sweet taste) is called glycyrrhizin. Not only
is Licorice supportive of normal digestion, and the glycyrrhizin it contains also supports normally functioning joints and the body's own natural
response to inflammation.
- Rich in flavonoids and antioxidants*
- One of history's first and most famous digestive herbs*
- Supports normal digestive system function within the stomach*
- Supports normal bowel function*
Take 1 caplet daily before meals. Allow several weeks for full benefits and lasting results.
The following Himalaya formulas contain Licorice:
CoughCare®, CoughCare® Sugar Free, GlucoCare®, HeartCare®, ImmunoCare®, ImmunoCare Liquid®, JointCare®, LaxaCare®, MenoCare®, RespiCare®, StressCare®
*Himalaya Gluten Free products are batch tested and identified with a green Gluten Free sticker.